Saturday, February 16, 2013

Working, Top Gear and Piers Morgan.


Yeah things aren't bad all things considered.  At least I don't have to worry about shows like Eastenders coming on the TV and I still get Top Gear and the good things is that we're only a week behind you lot over there in that cold, snow covered country they call England (it's been pretty darn warm over here recently getting up to 75 degrees.  And they call this winter...pfft, clearly these yanks know nothing about winter...at least down here in Texas.)  That's right, on Sunday nights the UK get the best motoring show...in the world. called Top Gear and at the same time, we here in America get...Piers Morgan.....help me...
I've been driving a lot over here and I had my test booked in for tomorrow (Tuesday) but I now can't take it as the driving people (DPS) still need to verify my legalilty in Texas so I now have to wait until they can do that before I can take my test!  I'm not going to have any trouble passing though as driving here is very easy as the roads are a lot more open and even the freeways are bigger and easier to drive on (especially as the speed limit is 75! but I normally go 80 unless there's a police officer reading this, in which case I definitely do 70-75 MPH)
Still looking for work, well I say that but I do have a job but it's only a crappy little job waiting tables in a seafood restaurant getting paid $2.25 an hour plus tips, but I don't start until the 25th.  But I'm hoping that I'll find something else before than.  I went for an interview this morning for a maintenance technician at one of the plants which would be great if I can get on there as they have good benefits like health insurance etc.  But if I don't get that job I'm probably going to take a job working with Heathers dad Randy at an oil rig (there's a lot of them round here!) I'd be away from home a lot but it pays well and by well I mean very well!  I'd probably be getting close to $100,000 a year doing that so it kinda makes it worth it, but that job is really only a last resort as I don't really want to be away from home for weeks at a time.  The company is M I Swaco - Google them if you want! Haha.
As for our house, it's pretty good now it's clean!  It was absolutely filthy before we moved in, now it's clean and livable, it's real nice with a whole bunch of land around us so when Caydens there, he can run around out there.  I also have a gun in the house now after Randy gave us one of his so I now feel a lot safer out there (we live 30 minutes from the closest Police station so if anyone broke in, we'd be screwed without a gun!) It's a little .45 pistol (but it'll blow a 5 inch hole in something!) but randy wants to get us a shotgun as that would be better in case Cayden got his hands on it as he won't be able to point it at himself and reach the trigger.  
And our little dog Bella is doing fine too!  We're still treating her for Heartworm which is just one pill a month for 18-24 months!  We have discovered though that she would be a fantastic guard dog, just so long as the burglar was highly allergic to affection!!  As she just jumps up on anybody who comes in.  She'll jump up and lick them to death and then jump some more but at least she pees outside!!

I also got to watch the Superbowl a couple of weekends ago and for the first time ever, I didn't have to stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning to watch it!!  And I got to see all of the commercials (The M&M one was my favourite!) and WHAT a Superbowl it was too!  Was a real close game and I'm so pleased the Ravens won it, I really wanted to see Ray Lewis win one more time before he retired and heads to the Hall of Fame!



Anyway, I'll leave you to it as you're probably bored of reading by now but I'll keep you updated.  We have no internet in our house at the moment so we have to come to Randy's place to use it which is why I haven't updated this blog sooner so sorry about that.
Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment